22. September 2014
Telstra Continues Data Center Support with Equinix in Sydney and Melbourne
Australia’s largest telecommunications company provides premium services to cloud providers and multinational firms via Platform Equinix™
SYDNEY — September 23, 2014 — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Telstra Corporation Limited (ASX: TLS), Australia's largest telecommunications company, will expand its data center connectivity with Equinix with two new Australia data center deployments in SY3, the most densely connected data center in Australia, and Melbourne’s ME1, Equinix’s first International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center at the heart of Australia’s second largest city.
Die wichtigsten Fakten im Überblick
- Telstra builds and operates telecommunications networks and markets voice, mobile, Internet access, pay television and other entertainment products and services. With increasing demand from data center customers across Australia for low-latency, high-throughput content delivery and telecommunications capabilities, Telstra is working with Equinix to deliver telecommunications and media services to customers collocated in Equinix data centers, including large multinational enterprises and cloud providers.
- Along with its current Equinix deployments in Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney, the additional deployments in SY3 and ME1 will enable Telstra to increase traction with Asia-Pacific multinational companies quickly and easily through Platform Equinix™. Home to over 4,500 customers, including more than 1000 network providers, 120 of which are accessible in Australia, Platform Equinix allows Telstra to interconnect with new business partners and accelerate growth for its Australian business.
- By establishing a point of presence (PoP) in ME1, Telstra can expand its services to further support key IP/Ethernet traffic and cloud services to serve the Melbourne market. Located in Port Melbourne, ME1 will provide a capacity of 1,500 cabinets, with the first phase of 375 cabinets scheduled for completion in Q4 2014. Equinix will construct a specially built 105,000 square foot building shell to house the new ME1 data center and allow for future development.
- David Piltz, director, Telstra Fixed and Data Access Engineering:
"Through our global and domestic deployments in Equinix data centers, we have a strong and existing relationship with Equinix. We are in close proximity to hundreds of networks and through these networks, are closer to our customers. The increased network bandwidth enables Telstra to manage more international customers coming to the Australian market. Through our expanded capability in SY3 and ME1, Telstra will have enhanced access to service our customers who choose Equinix as their provider of choice."
- Jeremy Deutsch, managing director, Equinix Australia:
"Telstra’s expansion into SY3 and ME1 will provide its customers with premium services and enable it to manage more international customers coming to Australia. Telstra’s new points of presence also offer current Equinix customers additional network options for reducing latency and improving performance. We look forward to further supporting Telstra as it continues to grow its business and market reach around the world."
Informationen zu Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.