22. November 2013
Equinix erhält 'Best Data Center Innovation' Award von Capacity
Equinix recognized by global telecommunication outlet for outstanding innovation
AMSTERDAM - November 21, 2013 - Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced it has been awarded Capacity Media's prestigious 2013 'Best Data Center Innovation' award. This is the second year running that Equinix has been recognized for excellence by the Capacity Awards. The award win acknowledges Equinix's cutting-edge International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) facility in Amsterdam (AM3)—one of the most advanced and sustainable data centers in the world. Equinix was presented the award last night at an award ceremony at Capacity Europe, the largest European carrier conference in Amsterdam.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The award recognizes Equinix's innovation, vision and excellence across the global and regional data center and CDN market.
- Equinix's latest data center in Amsterdam was chosen as the winner for its outstanding energy efficiency while also offering businesses extensive connectivity options so they can quickly and cost-effectively share data with partners and customers.
- The data center uses Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage (ATES) in the ground instead of mechanical cooling so excess energy is used to heat buildings nearby. It also features a Whalebone and Main Distribution Fiber Cage - so partners can easily share data within the data center - as well as two internet exchanges which allow 80% of Europe to be reached within 50 milliseconds.
- Dick Theunissen, chief marketing officer, EMEA for Equinix:
"This is the second consecutive year the Capacity Awards have recognized Equinix for our outstanding data centers facilities and we're delighted to have won the 'Best Data Centre Innovation' category. The past few years have seen dramatic changes in the data center space with new green technologies and higher connectivity capabilities turning them from simple data warehouses into valuable revenue drivers for business. Being strategic about data center selection can dramatically improve businesses service speeds as well as their ability to rapidly share large quantities of data with partners and customers. Our latest data center in Amsterdam exists at the very forefront of these changes and which is why we'll be back again next year defending this title."
- Download the free Data Center as a Revenue Center whitepaper
- Download the free First Mover Advantage Whitepaper
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,400 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.