13. Juni 2014
Equinix Wins 2014 International Datacentre and Cloud Award for Environmental Sustainability
Equinix recognized for outstanding innovation in energy efficiency and sustainability
LONDON - June 12, 2014 - Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has won the Environmental Sustainability category at this year's International Datacentre and Cloud Awards.
Equinix was presented with the award last night for its cutting-edge International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) facility in Amsterdam (AM3)—one of the most advanced and sustainable data centers in the world. The award recognizes AM3 for its innovative cooling and energy sharing design, resulting in optimized power usage effectiveness (PUE) and significantly reduced CO2 emissions.
Highlights / Key Facts
- AM3 uses Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage (ATES), ultra-efficient computer room air conditioning technology and hybrid cooling towers to eliminate the need for mechanical cooling. The excess energy generated from AM3 is used to heat a nearby building at the University of Amsterdam.
- These energy efficiencies built into AM3's design have netted it a design PUE rating of 1.19 compared to an industry average of 2.5, reduced CO2 emissions.
- AM3 provides businesses with the extensive connectivity options required to quickly and cost-effectively share data with partners; as well as access to two Internet exchanges, which allow 80 percent of the European Union to be reached within 50 milliseconds.
- Now in its seventh year, the prestigious International Datacentre and Cloud Awards are judged by experts from across the region and are seen as the premier data center industry accolade across Europe.
- Michiel Eielts, managing director, Equinix (Netherlands) B.V.:
"We're delighted with this award which recognizes our continued efforts to deliver environmentally innovative and sustainable colocation data centers. The past several years have seen dramatic changes in the data center industry; colocation strategies have become central to realizing business objectives as these facilities have become ever more valuable revenue drivers for various industries and enterprises. AM3 is now in its second year and customer uptake continues to be excellent as a result of our industry-leading connectivity and uptime as well as the tremendous strides Equinix is taking to ensure energy efficiency remains one of our top priorities."
- Equinix's TY4 Data Center Facility Receives LEED® Gold Certification
- Equinix Continues to Progress on Green Data Center Initiatives
- Equinix Successfully Completes SSAE16 and ISAE 3402 Type II Examinations for 68 Data Centers Around the World
- Nachhaltige Rechenzentren
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.