6. Februar 2014
Equinix Successfully Completes SSAE16 and ISAE 3402 Type II Examinations for 68 Data Centers Around the World
Rigorous third-party examinations validate Equinix’s commitment to providing the highest levels of security and environmental controls to its data center customers
REDWOOD CITY, CALIF., February 6, 2014 Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced it has completed Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) 16 Type II examinations covering 47 operational data centers across North America. Additionally, the company has achieved International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) 3402 Type II Certification for 21 data centers in EMEA.Highlights / Key Facts
- The audits, which were conducted at Equinix’s International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers, determined that 47 sites in North America meet or surpass SSAE16 standards, and 21 sites in EMEA meet or surpass ISAE 3402 standards for physical security and environmental controls.
- Assessed by auditors from Brightline Certified Public Accountants & Associates, the SSAE and ISAE examinations demonstrate Equinix’s commitment to the highest standards of operational excellence for its 4,400 customers around the world. Customers in compliance-sensitive industries, such as financial firms, often require SSAE16 and ISAE 3402 reports to validate security and operational controls.
- SSAE16 and ISAE 3402 are internationally recognized standards that report on operational controls supporting the data center services that Equinix provides to customers. Both standards describe Equinix’s operational controls and assess the effectiveness of those controls based on testing conducted over a minimum six-month period.
- SSAE16 and ISAE 3402 are the result of a collaborative effort put forth by the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB), a standard-setting board of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) and the Auditing Standards Board (ASB) of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Both entities closely aligned their respective standards in an attempt to follow a growing move towards more international, globally accepted accounting standards.
- Sam Kapoor, Chief Global Operations Officer, Equinix:
Equinix has a long-standing commitment to data center operational excellence. With the successful achievement of SSAE16 and ISAE 3402 reports for 68 data centers across North America and EMEA, our customers can be confident that Equinix delivers the highest levels of security and environmental controls.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.