October 9, 2013
Equinix Acquires Kleyer 90 Carrier Hotel in Frankfurt
Acquisition to enhance customer continuity and consolidate position in one of Europe's busiest network hubs
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and FRANKFURT – October 9, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced it has acquired the Kleyer 90 carrier hotel, located at Kleyerstrasse 90 in Frankfurt—one of the busiest network nodes in Europe—from a Berlin-based private investor. The deal follows Equinix's acquisition last year of Ancotel GmbH, a leading provider of carrier-neutral data center colocation and interconnection services, which is based in Kleyer 90. The purchase will provide Equinix customers with greater security, as well as continuity and expansion opportunities in Campus Kleyer, Equinix's Frankfurt data center campus, which is partially based in the Kleyer 90 building.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The agreement consolidates Equinix's position in Frankfurt, the connectivity gateway between Western and Eastern Europe and home to DE-CIX, one of the world's largest Internet Exchanges.
- Campus Kleyer consists of two interconnected Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers—FR4 and FR5—and currently houses over 450 networks from more than 70 countries and 150 leading enterprises, cloud and IT service providers. Customers have instant Layer 2 access via the Equinix Ethernet Exchange to German and international locations, as well as in-house access to one of the world's largest SDH Exchanges and the DE-CIX Internet Exchange.
- With more than 7,100 physical cross-connects, Campus Kleyer is one of the most densely interconnected Equinix locations in the world.
- Find out more about Campus Kleyer.
- Eric Schwartz, president, Equinix EMEA:
"The acquisition of Kleyer 90 is the natural next step following our successful integration of Ancotel last year and will give our customers greater confidence when planning ahead in this exceptionally busy network hub. We can now offer long-term continuity and room to grow, and we plan to invest in the building to enhance security and infrastructure management."
- Press release: Equinix Agrees to Acquire ancotel; Significantly Increases Network Density in Europe
- Press release: Equinix Completes Acquisition of ancotel
- Press release: Equinix Expands Relationship with DE-CIX in Frankfurt
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.