4. Februar 2015
Enterprises Re-Architect IT with Equinix Interconnection Solutions
Enterprises Re-Architect IT with Equinix Interconnection Solutions
Within Equinix, global financial services, publishing and manufacturing leaders leverage advanced interconnection solutions for enhanced cloud and application performance
REDWOOD CITY, CALIF. - February 4, 2015 - As leading enterprises around the globe operate increasingly interconnected and on-demand business models and IT architectures, Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has experienced significant growth and momentum within the enterprise market. In 2014, Equinix launched two solutions—Performance Hub and Cloud Exchange—to help improve enterprise application, data and network performance, as well as speed cloud adoption. Equinix Performance Hub enables the enterprise to place corporate IT resources near large user populations, while Equinix Cloud Exchange, a complementary solution, enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to all major networks and cloud providers. Leading enterprises are recognizing the power of these solutions to improve cloud and application performance. Recent Equinix customers include American Infrastructure, CDM Smith, GP Strategies, HarperCollins and many others.
Equinix Performance Hub Boosts Application Performance for Global Engineering Firm
The Equinix Performance Hub allows customers to distribute IT resources in Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers closer to user populations, and provides connectivity to many networks and clouds. This distributed, interconnection-based approach to data center computing has proven to provide significant benefits in application and network performance, as well as business and IT agility. CDM Smith, a global consulting, engineering and construction company, chose Equinix to help transform its network architecture and leverage a hybrid cloud model. CDM Smith deployed the Equinix Performance Hub at nine key locations around the globe. This configuration includes high-performance interconnection to support real time collaboration among CDM Smith's 160 global offices. By also connecting to Equinix Cloud Exchange, CDM Smith is simplifying its transition to a hybrid cloud environment through access to leading cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure.
Equinix Cloud Exchange Expedites Cloud Deployment for Leading Publishing House
As hybrid cloud adoption grows, more and more companies are building services that rely on multiple private and public clouds. Leading global enterprises are turning to Equinix to help accelerate their cloud implementation strategies by tapping Equinix Cloud Exchange to connect directly to cloud and network providers inside Equinix data centers. For example, HarperCollins, a division of the NewsCorp Group, chose to leverage its presence in the Equinix London IBX data center to connect to Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute through the Equinix Cloud Exchange, resulting in reduced latency, increased performance, streamlined operations and reduced costs.
Many other enterprise customers have turned to Equinix to solve similar business problems. During a recent panel at the Gartner Data Center, Infrastructure & Operations Management Conference, Equinix customers General Electric and Lincoln Financial Group discussed how they are transforming their businesses to better meet the demands of evolving workload patterns, application migration to the cloud, big data analytics, mobility and all-together-new systems of engagement, such as the Internet of Things (IoT.) A video replay of the Equinix customer panel is available here.
Highlights / Key Facts
- More than 100 companies have deployed Equinix Performance Hub, a distributed network architecture that speeds network and application performance by placing resources closer to end users.
- Nearly one hundred companies—enterprises, networks and cloud service providers—have joined Equinix Cloud Exchange, a platform that brings cloud and network service providers together with enterprises through private, secure and high-performance connections with each other.
- Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 19 markets globally—Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Osaka, Paris, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.—with expansion planned to a total of 21 markets in early 2015, including Melbourne and Zurich.
- In 2014, leading cloud providers, such as AWS, Cisco, Google, Microsoft, SoftLayer, and many others, all announced they are joining the Equinix Cloud Exchange. Equinix has also seen rapid global adoption with the addition of network and cloud providers around the globe, including Telefonica, TI Sparkle and IX Reach in EMEA and NTT and Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) in Asia Pacific.
- Equinix recently acquired Nimbo, a professional services company focused on enterprise cloud infrastructure. Nimbo provides consulting services that help enterprises migrate existing legacy applications into a hybrid cloud infrastructure and connect legacy datacenters to the cloud. Nimbo is also a certified partner of both AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Tony Bishop, vice president, global enterprise, Equinix
"Enterprises are choosing Equinix not only for our unmatched ecosystem and global footprint, but also because of these solutions that enable them to solve real-world challenges and advance their IT initiatives. With global enterprises like CDM Smith, GP Strategies and HarperCollins utilizing the Equinix Performance Hub and Cloud Exchange solutions, we're further cementing our position as the home of interconnected enterprise clouds."
- David Neitz, CIO, CDM Smith
"A high-performance global network with the ability to deploy a hybrid cloud is key to facilitate the collaboration that will enable CDM Smith to deliver new innovative solutions to our customers, and Equinix is delivering a complete solution."
- Jay Hunter, European head of infrastructure, Newscorp
"Using Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute via Equinix's CloudExchange is helping to optimize HarperCollins' IT infrastructure architecture by providing high-performance access to the industry's leading cloud service providers."
- Matt Young, vice president, IT, GP Strategies
"The Equinix Cloud Exchange provides GP Strategies the foundation to support the growth we're experiencing in serving a global client base by providing the ability to easily and securely move workloads in and out of the cloud."
- Rethink Your IT and Cloud Strategy, Transform Your Business, Equinix customer panel discussion from the Gartner Data Center, Infrastructure & Operations Management Conference, December 3, 2014.
- Equinix Customer Success Story: HarperCollins
- Equinix Customer Success Story: CDM Smith
Über EquinixEquinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.