11. März 2014
Can’L Enhances Broadband Access to Vanuatu with Equinix Australia
Equinix leverages new services on the Southern Cross Cable Network to enable services on South Pacific island nation
SYDNEY - March 11, 2014 - Equinix, Inc.(Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Can’L, a Vanuatu-based network service provider, has chosen Equinix as its data center partner, and will be located in one of its Sydney data centers(SY3). The deployment will enhance broadband access to the Vanuatu islands where Can’L provides data center colocation and hosting services at its new data center facility.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The deployment takes advantage of new capabilities on the Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) to enable enhanced broadband access to the islands. As SCCN is located within Equinix, future expansions, carrier connections and service upgrades will be seamless.
- Through the deployment in an Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, Can’L now has access to Equinix's network-dense rich ecosystem of more than 975 network providers globally. Access to the best connectivity worldwide offers Can’L excellent options for connecting to the cloud and content delivery networks, and will further enable e-commerce across Vanuatu in the near future.
- SY3 is the most densely connected data center in Australia, with over 120 networks including a direct link to the SCCN and PIPE Pacific Cable (PPC-1). It is the only location where access to the two largest peering points in the region is available.
- Equinix has been rapidly expanding its footprint across Asia-Pacific, enabling the company to assist multi-national customers looking to expand into local and regional markets. By housing IT infrastructure in a carrier-neutral data center such as Equinix, businesses are able to expand their cloud and data capabilities rapidly as data consumption and content volume continue to increase.
- Tony Simonsen, managing director, Equinix Australia:
"Equinix is already associated with supporting large organizations in established key business hubs. The relationship with Can’L is a great example of how we are also enabling the cloud and interconnection even in remote island locations, and how Equinix ensures that these companies have access to the same opportunities and benefits as global corporations based in major cities worldwide."
- Simon Fletcher, director, Can'L Holding Ltd:
"Along with SCCN and Equinix, Can’L now connects Vanuatu to the rest of the world. As a result Can’L can provide enhanced and reliable high speed broadband services and enable e-commerce to the island nation of Vanuatu, benefitting its local businesses and economy."
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.