October 23, 2013
Amazon erweitert AWS Direct Connect innerhalb der Equinix-Rechenzentren
Equinix leverages AWS Direct Connect to provide its customers with flexible, private access to the cloud
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – October 23, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Amazon Web Services (AWS) is offering expanded connectivity options for AWS Direct Connect from Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers located in six key markets around the world.
Additionally, Equinix is now offering connectivity to AWS via the Equinix Ethernet Exchange to better support private access to the cloud where service flexibility is increasingly important. This option provides customers with multiple connection options below one gigabit per second, with the ability to burst, enabling customers to lower interconnection costs and providing more consistent network performance. With more than eight million lit buildings in 17 markets available through the Equinix Ethernet Exchange, customers can leverage the density and global reach of the exchange fabric to interconnect with pure-play cloud companies such as AWS, creating the optimal location to deploy a cost-effective, high-performance hybrid IT architecture.
Die wichtigsten Fakten im Überblick
- Equinix was the first data center company to bring to market the ability to directly connect to the cloud and bypass the public internet and today leading cloud service providers offer direct access to their services inside Equinix global data centers.
- Only Equinix customers can take advantage of new Equinix service enhancements that enable them to burst up to two times the committed access rate. Customer workloads that require bandwidth bursts, such as backups, will benefit from higher performance when their bandwidth needs spike and reduced connection costs when bandwidth requirements are low. These service enhancements are available immediately in Equinix data centers in Silicon Valley, Ashburn (Washington, D.C. metro), and London, and will expand to additional global markets over the coming months.
- Since 2011, businesses have had the ability to access AWS cloud services via AWS Direct Connect through Equinix data centers. Today, AWS Direct Connect is available in six markets and 16 Equinix data centers globally, more than any other data center provider. Equinix customers including Badgeville, Box, Carpathia Hosting and NetApp are using AWS Direct Connect to lower network costs, and improve performance and security by bypassing the public internet.
"Inside Equinix, companies of all sizes can connect to leading cloud providers quickly, securely and affordably. Increasingly, customers require flexible, burstable bandwidth options in order to capture the cost benefits of the cloud. With our new service, we are further democratizing access to the cloud by giving customers the ability to utilize the bandwidth speed that best suits their needs, while providing additional flexibility to handle spikes without compromising service levels."
- AWS Direct Connect—More Connection Speeds, New Console, Multiple Accounts (AWS blog)
- Amazon Expands AWS Offering Inside Equinix (Equinix blog)
- Equinix and AWS joint offering
- Join Equinix at AWS re:Invent
Informationen zu Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.